A college comparison worksheet is a tool that helps you compare different colleges side-by-side to make an informed decision about where to apply and attend. It can be a simple table or a more complex spreadsheet, and it can be tailored to your individual needs and preferences.
Back2College College Comparison Worksheet can be a valuable tool for helping students make informed decisions about their college applications. By carefully comparing different colleges, students can increase their chances of finding a school that is a good fit for them and where they can thrive.
|Criteria||College 1||College 2||College 3|
|Location (City, State)|
|Distance from Home|
|Number of Undergraduates|
|Number of Graduates|
|Physical Size of Campus|
|Type of School|
|Average Test Scores, GPA, Rank|
|Admissions or Placement Tests|
|Early Decision/Early Action Deadlines|
|Credit for Prior Learning|
|Credit by Examination|
|Programs of Study|
|Faculty Experience and Expertise|
|Typical Class Size|
|Reviews & Rankings|
|Other Housing Types|
|Residence Hall Requirement|
|Tuition and Fees|
|Room and Board|
|Other Required Expenses|
|Total C.O.A. (Cost of Attendance)|
|Financial Aid Deadlines|
|Financial Aid Forms Required|
|Percentage of Students Receiving Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Package|
|Student Retention Rate|
|% of Graduates Employed Within One Year|
|Campus Clubs and Activities|
|Extracurricular Organizations and Events|
|Adult Student Services|
|Student Support Services|
|Job Placement Services|
|Campus Visit Opportunities|
|Special Opportunities During Visits|
|Distance Learning (Broadcast Video, Correspondence, Online Classes)|
|Financial Condition of School|
|Unique Aspects of Each College|
How to use College Comparison Worksheet
To use a college comparison worksheet, start by listing the colleges you are interested in. Then, fill in the information for each college, using reliable sources such as college websites, admissions brochures, and online college rankings. Once you have completed the worksheet, you can compare the colleges side-by-side to identify which ones are the best fit for you.
- Gather information: Gather information about the colleges you are considering from their websites, brochures, and other sources.
- Create a worksheet: Create a worksheet or use an online tool to compare the colleges.
- Fill in the worksheet: Fill in the worksheet with the information you have gathered.
- Compare the colleges: Compare the colleges based on the factors that are important to you.
- Make a decision: Make a decision about which college is the best fit for you.
Here are some additional tips for using a college comparison worksheet:
- Prioritize the categories that are most important to you. Not all categories of information are equally important to everyone. Decide which factors are most important to you and focus on those categories.
- Use your own criteria. There is no one-size-fits-all college comparison worksheet. Use the worksheet as a starting point, but feel free to add or remove categories as needed.
- Keep your worksheet updated. As you learn more about each college, be sure to update your worksheet accordingly.
Using a college comparison worksheet can be a valuable tool in the college admissions process. It can help you narrow down your list of potential schools and make an informed decision about where to apply.
Get Printable College Comparison Spredadsheet here:
Or you can use this Google Sheet to fill up: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BpRwNU7xqZEkrD-G8IvabQ35apd4VkUWmJ-JDYirnJU/edit?usp=sharing
Check out other useful tools for college students here: