Ever been stuck in front of a blank screen, feeling the weight of an impossible homework load? Trust me, we’ve all been there. I am a procrastinator, and while I am not proud about it, it did help me find a number of AI tools.
These tools helped me make preparations for a syllabus in weeks that would have taken me months to complete. Yes, I admit that it is not the most ideal scenario.
What if AI effortlessly elevated your understanding, boosted your learning outcomes, and freed up valuable time in your day?
AI is a reality in 2024, and those who do not take advantage will fall behind. Whether you’re untangling grammar knots or drowning in complex maths problems, there are AI tools for everything.
Today, I will give recommendations for the best AI homework helper for students. These tools had made my life easier when I had too much coursework, especially during thesis preparation.
So, join me as we discover how to merge education with the latest AI technologies to increase productivity and save time.
AI Homework Helper Tools by Type
From AI Answer Generators to AI Tutors, the following tools offer solutions for assignments, writing, presentations, maths problem-solving, and research. As we present each of the tools you’ll discover how each tool type caters to your specific academic needs.
AI Answer Generators
The following tools were chosen for their ability to make it easier to prepare your essays and answers from your course modules. They mostly depend on AI to generate ideas and your task is to help the AI to curate those ideas according to your needs.
This AI homework helper tool can do your homework for you in minutes. Oddity AI uses advanced algorithms to analyze your question and provide a detailed answer.
This tool can help you in any subject from summarizing literature to solving math questions and science topics. Its image upload option makes life so much easier. Although it will provide you with the explanation to the solutions, it’s best if you use it to solve only hard questions.
It’s cheap and you can get the unlimited question feature for under $10.
- You can save time during exam preparation by checking your answers with the AI
- No need to type the question manually
- Provides detailed answers
- May not be helpful for students who want to learn the material themselves.
We all know this tool and students can utilize the potential it holds to streamline their academic activities. I use ChatGPT to create outlines for my assignments and essays and I am not shy to admit that it does a far better job than me and certainly much quicker.
It uses GPT-3, one of the most advanced natural language processing models, to provide accurate and helpful responses.
While this tool is very powerful, it doesn’t usually provide answers to very specific or niche questions. For very specific answers you have to train it by feeding it information and train it just like training a language model.
You don’t have to pay a single dime to use its features. It might change in the future when they bring in more complex features.
- Offers deep explanations or concise summaries
- Generates factual topic summaries for efficient learning
- Always accessible for queries and assistance
- Creates various text formats such as poems, scripts, and codes etc
- Support for multiple languages
- Prompts have to be done carefully to get expected outputs
- May generate misleading information occasionally
- Outputs may reflect biases from the training data
3. Homework AI App
Homework AI homework helper tool acts as your digital study buddy and provides personalized solutions. It is one of the simplest tools out there that you can use to summarize portions of your books, get your math answers and search ideas from literature.
It uses OpenAI’s ChatGPT language model to generate answers but curated towards educational purposes. The interface is easy to understand for students.
- Easy to use UI that lets you choose what subject you’ll be using it for
- It can answer quickly and has a easier learning curve than ChatGPT
- It’s best for creating outlines for essays and thesis
- No need to write down your question with the scan feature
- Scans correctly most of the time if handwriting is legible i.e. easy to read
- No support for document upload.
- Add popups
- User needs to check spellings of the scanned text
AI Homework Checker
One of the tools that I found extremely helpful is an AI homework checker. Although the main audience for this tool is your teacher but you can use it as well to check if you have all the answers that your assignment is asking for.
Completed your homework but uncertain if it’s on the mark? With GradeScope you can sneak peek into how your work might be graded by your teacher. Gradescope simplifies the grading process by blending AI and machine learning.
While teachers use this tool for efficient and fair grading, you can leverage it to identify areas for improvement in advance!
This tool has been tested and proven in the academic world by leading figures and millions of students with 700M+ questions graded.
All the subjects that can be objectively graded such as STEM subjects and subjects like Economics are available for checking.
It has basic and institutional pricing plans. As a student, the basic plan is for you. You need to contact them for the best price possible.
- Automated responses makes the task of checking grades quicker and less hassle
- Makes grading more quality and consistent using the same criteria for everyone
- Supports different types of questions and formats
- It helps collaboration and communication between students and teachers
- Easy integration with other platforms and tools for seamless assignment experience
- It can’t handle ambiguous or unclear answers
- Raises ethical or privacy concerns
The following tools are selected on the criteria of helping out your study sessions. You can use them to reduce the hassle of searching ideas and questions and then turning them into answers.
This study tool will allow you to explore and get answers to inquiries spanning every subject and educational level.
Whether you’re diving into elementary basics or tackling master’s level complexities, StudyMonkey’s automated responses will cater to diverse question formats. Plus, the tool can use your history of past questions and answers to help you with test preparations.
The tool is completely free to use as of writing this sentence. It can change in the future.
- Covers topics from elementary to master’s level that can help different learning needs and goals
- Fast answers help make your prep time more efficient
- Support for different types of questions and formats accommodating various learning styles and preferences
- Helps to improve grades using past questions and answers as it enhances learning retention and recall
- It may not always be 100% accurate or reliable
- Can’t handle scenarios that require human judgment and creativity
TutorEva is a simple but powerful study companion. It lets you seamlessly navigate through online study challenges. Using the latest GPT-4 from OpenAi, the TutorEva Extension swiftly addresses queries as they emerge on your screen or throughout entire web pages.
You can use it for free if you are content with the limited 2 questions/Day but the TutorEva Plus plan is there if you want the full power of the algorithm and support from the experts for under $15 per month.
You can delve into authenticated textbook solutions that are expert-backed and with step-by-step explanations. You can now put less effort into creating accurate answers.
- Can handle various types of questions and formats, such as word problems, algebra, graphing, and more
- See how your homework will be graded before even submitting it
- Chat with your chosen textbook for a fun and interactive study session
- Chatting with the AI about the answers improves topical comprehension
- Some information maybe outdated sometimes due to ChatGPT-4
- Limited ability to explain questions involving graphs or diagrams
This tool is a bit different from the two above as it offers a wide-ranging academic support system. ClassX covers an extensive array of subjects from elementary to high school levels. Additionally, it provides guidance through AI-driven project-based learning. It offers you structured assistance for various academic projects.
As for now, the tool is free to use for all users.
- Comprehensive coverage for different topics accommodates all types of students
- Project-oriented learning technique improves creativity and ability to work in a team
- Sample project ideas help to easily generate your own projects
- Supports voice input to ask questions easily
- May not provide enough explanation or feedback for certain questions/projects that might be crucial for the student’s comprehension
Plaito facilitates live AI tutoring sessions and offers personalized solutions and resources designed to accommodate diverse learning preferences and needs.
You can simply upload the docs, PDF or pptx file and let the guided Homework tool help you figure out the best way to complete the assignment. Or you can take the charge and prompt the Ai with questions and get your answers. There are 3 tools you can use such as the Summarizer, the Textbook chat and the Essay writer.
The textbook chat is a clever tool that you can use to talk with the textbook content and find curated and accurate answers.
Available in both free and paid versions, Plaito’s free plan allows you to earn coins through challenges. You can then use the coins to try different requests on the platform. On the other hand, the paid plan offers unrestricted access to Plaito’s suite of features and services. You can ask as many questions as you want.
- Real-time one-to-one assistance and feedback for improved learning outcomes and confidence
- User can customize answering method for their learning preferences for easier consumption of information
- Access many textbooks and curated answers saves your time
- It can handles various types of assignment and homework formats from pptx to pdf and docx
- Relies on experimental AI technology which may affect its accuracy and reliability
- May face trouble handling complex or subjective questions requiring human judgment
AI Research Assistant
While there are quite a few options you can choose for help with your research needs, we chose only one and that is Sourcely.
Sourcely one of the simplest but sufficiently powerful tools that has multiple tiers for people with varied needs. We would recommend the free tier for the students.
However, the free tier has limitations in terms of searching ability and filtering the results. You can only use up to 300 characters in the search box.
For under $9 per month, the SourcelyPro plan has features that lets you filter by publication date with no limitation to characters. You can also download the PDF of the sources. You can imagine how easy life becomes with this feature.
- Lets you effortlessly find sources and summarizes them
- Easy to find information from a vast database of over 200 million papers with the precise search filters
- Lets you authenticate research data and find related articles quickly
- Aids in citation and bibliography creation as it can export in various formats
- Ethical concerns regarding future changes and potential privacy issues.
AI Writing Assistants
AI writing assistants are software applications that use artificial intelligence to assist you with various aspects of writing, such as grammar, spelling, style, tone, vocabulary, and more. Some of the AI writing assistants that can help you with your homework are:
10. Grammarly AI Writing & Text Generation Tool
Grammarly is one of the best tools for Grammar Checking. The program uses advanced algorithms to detect and correct grammatical, spelling, and punctuation errors.
However, they added the latest Ai writing tool to their arsenal which can help you write essays and articles for your academic assignments. This tool combines grammarly’s spell and tone-checking algorithm and latest language models to generate texts and lets you customize it for the best possible result.
Additionally, I’d recommend taking the premium Grammarly plan so that you can use Grammarly’s powerful plagiarism checker tool. It can help you avoid making mistakes and getting low grades when you upload your homework in turnitin or other similar programs.
- Identifies a wide range of grammatical issues for you so that you don’t have to proofread manually
- Offers suggestions for enhancing vocabulary, sentence structure, clarity, and conciseness.
- Provides feedback aligned with specific writing goals, audience, and genre.
- Works seamlessly with various platforms like Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Gmail, etc.
- Premium plan includes a powerful plagiarism checker which will help the students to avoid plagiarism issues.
- The new AI writing tool is still in development and might not be as accurate or reliable as traditional writing methods.
11. Slidesgo (Homework Presentation)
Slidesgo is one of the best template providers for visually appealing presentations. It provides templates catering to various subjects like science, math, history, and more. It has an AI tool that can help you create presentations in minutes. You only need to provide the material.
- Offers professionally designed templates enhancing the visual appeal of presentations.
- Customization of colors, fonts, icons, and images within slides means you can personalize it
- Supports popular formats like PowerPoint, Google Slides, and Keynote
- Helps in quick presentation creation by automatically generating slides based on provided material
- Provides access to thousands of templates so you can make your assignment look more fresh and unique
- Mainly generates slides based on what you provide and may not be suitable for creating entire presentations from scratch
- It requires an internet connection, which could be inconvenient for offline work.
These tools offer substantial assistance, with Grammarly focusing on refining writing mechanics while Slidesgo specializes in visually engaging presentations.
AI Math Solvers
You can use ChatGPT to help with your mathematical needs but if you want something that is specially curated for maths. You can use the following tools. They are similar but with different strengths and weaknesses.
12. Smodin Omni
Smodin Omni is a free AI homework solver that claims to be the most accurate on the market. It uses various machine learning models to determine the answer to your question.
The more questions you ask it, the smarter it becomes. It can solve problems from different subjects, such as algebra, calculus, geometry, physics, chemistry, and more.
Overall Smodin Omni presents a simple way to get fast answers and explanations. So that you can check your ability to solve and compare it with accurate answers from Smodin Omni’s solution.
You can also learn while solving from its explanations. However, you have to learn how to write equations in the text prompt.
If you don’t want to learn how to write equations on the keyboard or don’t want the hassle of writing complex equations, the following AIR Math tool lets you avoid that step.
- Free access to all features.
- User-friendly and straightforward interface.
- Solves problems across various subjects.
- Claims to be the most accurate AI homework solver with quick solutions.
- Provides explanations aiding in understanding
- Users need to write equations, which can be challenging
- Might struggle with very advanced problems
- Offers final answers and explanations only, lacking step-by-step solutions
13. AIR Math
AIR Math is an AI homework helper tool that is best for advanced math. It provides step-by-step solutions to complex math problems and helps students understand the underlying concepts. It can handle topics such as linear algebra, differential equations, vector calculus, and more.
You can use it for free as long as you have tickets and avail free tickets by logging in daily and using the mobile app. But to use the tool without delay, you can subscribe to a plan through the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- Detailed step-by-step solutions for complex math problems
- Handles advanced math topics effectively
- No need to right down your question with the image upload feature
- Standby tutor support means you don’t have to wait long to get your answers if AI fails
- Quick automated solutions that maximize study sessions
- Solution accuracy affected by image quality
- Free tickets are only available through the mobile app, which might not be convenient for all users
Conclusion: Best AI Homework Helping Apps for Students in 2024
Remember, every tough homework or study challenge is a chance to learn and grow. These AI helpers will always be there to make your academic journey smoother and challenges more manageable.
However, they are just tools. It is you who will control how much and how far you will use it. Don’t make it substitute for actual study and the tools are built in such a way that you will have to study to properly use them.
So, prepare to learn on your own while you use these to quicken your learning process and lessen the learning curve. These AI tools are your guide as your teachers are. Use them to make learned decisions in your academic journey., don’t let them make it for you.